Last Updated on May 10th 2015Welcome to WetInk ("wet.ink", “wetink.in,” “wetink.io”, “we,” “us,” “our”).
WetInk provides a platform to facilitate writing classes, workshops and communities. It also provides ways for people engaged in writing of all forms to create, share and be inspired around creative writing!
Information Collected by WetInkWe only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We collect the following from our WetInk users:
Information You Provide to Us:
- Registration: In order to save and publish on WetInk you must complete a registration form. We collect your name and email address. Further, community administrators must provide credit card information for payment. We use commercially reasonable standards for online payment processing and only retain the name, date and amount of payment. Payment processing is secure and we are compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). Our card processor securely stores and processes card data for you.
- Storing Information: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
- Sharing: We do not share any of your personal information with any third parties. However, we may permit registration or login with Facebook or Twitter account information or similar online identification. It is your responsibility to set applicable permissions with any third parties that permit access to our service and to understand the information they collect.
- User profile: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration or initiation of WetInk’s services, we enable you to provide us additional information, such as your bio and profile avatar. We may ask and you may choose to provide additional information about yourself including but not limited to favorite books, authors, journals, and your reading and writing habits. As indicated below, you can control how your information is displayed and used using the “Your Preferences” page.
- Automatic Information:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. WetInk and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, WetInk cookie information, and the page you requested. WetInk uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
- WetInk may collect and, on any page, display total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
- Many companies offer programs that help you visit websites anonymously. While WetInk may not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
Email CommunicationsWetInk is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the “Sharing Your Information” section below. WetInk may send out emails with WetInk-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification emails from WetInk, which inform you of actions (e.g. friend requests, comments or other interactions on your writings) that have been performed on the site. If you do not wish to receive email from us, please visit the Email Notifications section of Your Preferences page to specifically control email notifications and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted email message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system emails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
Sharing Your InformationBecause WetInk enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use WetInk is an integral part of the WetInk experience. Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
WetInk Personnel: WetInk personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of WetInk business.
Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if WetInk, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other WetInk users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on WetInk where we allow you to tell other WetInk users about yourself. You may control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile by visiting the Settings section of your User Profile.
With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
Keeping Information SecureYour WetInk account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees and contractors are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Ways to Control Display and Use of Your InformationAs stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website.
By visiting your User Profile, you can correct, amend, add or delete personal information on our website.
If you do not wish to receive e-mail from us or other WetInk users, please visit the Settings of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message.
However, please note that you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
As explained earlier, the "help" portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.